[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCEMENT: xmobar 0.13

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Mon Mar 28 01:37:10 CEST 2011

I'm happy to announce the release of xmobar 0.13.

xmobar is a lightweight, text-based system monitor for un*x systems.
See http://projects.haskell.org/xmobar/ for the whole story.

## Version 0.13 (March 28, 2011)

_New features_

  - New `Volume` monitor displaying ALSA soundcards information, by
    Thomas Tuegel.
  - New `ThermalZone` plugin substituting `Thermal` and using linux's
    *sysfs* interface (you need this one if you're using a kernel
    version equal to or above 2.6.37). See [issue 44].
  - xmobar app new has WM_CLASS, WM_NAME and _NET_WM_PID xprops
    ([issue 38]).

_Incompatible changes_

  - In the process of solving [issue 14], we've broken those
    configurations that rely on including alignment separators in the
    input fed to `StdinReader`.
  - The MPD plugin does not accept host and port options anymore: use
    the environment variables MPD_HOST and MPD_PORT instead.
  - The `Mail` plugin now takes a second parameter (a string)
    specifying its alias. As a side-effect, this solves [issue 30].

_Bug fixes_

  - [issue 14]: `StdinReader` and other plugins accepting external
    input don't get confused anymore when characters from `alignSep`
    appear in their input.
  - [issue 27]: `BottomSize` placement now respects its width argument.
  - [issue 28]: Compilation in Mac OS X fixed.
  - [issue 30]: `Mail` plugin can be specified anywhere in commands list.
  - [issue 36]: Battery monitor now supports non-standard locations of
    the `/sys/class/power_supply/AC/online` file.
  - [issue 40]: Battery monitor now supports the new power_now, that
    replaces current_now in linux kernels for v. 2.36 and above.
  - [issue 42]: More accurate net monitor rates.
  - DiskIO, Cpu and MultiCpu monitors are also more accurate now.
  - Text is now correctly centered vertically.
  - `FullBM` border spec fixed.

Happy monitoring,
jao
--
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac Man affected us
as kids, we would all be running around in darkened rooms, munching