[Haskell-cafe] unix-compat and GHC 7.0.2

Pieter Laeremans pieter at laeremans.org
Tue Mar 15 19:34:43 CET 2011

I've got the same problem.

I don't have acces to the computer where I've go the  problem (my home mac).
But if I remember correctly

cabal install unix-compat -V3  yielded more output, the problem
was due to lbutil.h, that was not present. I've experienced the same problem
on an EC2, with  a redhat fedora, by amazon.

On ubuntu I got it working by installing libbsd-dev or something like that.

kind regards,

Pieter

PS : funny thing is, I've stumbled upon the problem when trying to install
yesod ;-).

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble compiling unix-compat with GHC 7.0.2. I'm fairly
> certain that other users are not running into this, but I'm not sure
> what would be wrong on my system. Here's the error I'm getting:
>
> Resolving dependencies...
> Configuring unix-compat-0.2.1.1...
> cabal: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
> * Missing header file: HsUnixCompat.h
> This problem can usually be solved by installing the system package that
> provides this library (you may need the "-dev" version). If the library is
> already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the flags
> --extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where it is.
> unix-compat-0.2.1.1 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Pieter Laeremans <pieter at laeremans.org>

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."  W. Gibson