[Haskell-cafe] unix-compat and GHC 7.0.2

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Tue Mar 15 19:13:33 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm having trouble compiling unix-compat with GHC 7.0.2. I'm fairly
certain that other users are not running into this, but I'm not sure
what would be wrong on my system. Here's the error I'm getting:

Resolving dependencies...
Configuring unix-compat-0.2.1.1...
cabal: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
* Missing header file: HsUnixCompat.h
This problem can usually be solved by installing the system package that
provides this library (you may need the "-dev" version). If the library is
already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the flags
--extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where it is.
unix-compat-0.2.1.1 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael