[Haskell-cafe] some problem with Cabal

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 9 00:22:19 CET 2011

On Wednesday 09 March 2011 12:16:30, Qi Qi wrote:
> I think this is the same problem as I got during installing some other
> packages via cabal such as hmatrix, ghc-mod, happy and etc.
>
> Does anyone have any idea about how to solve it?

I think it may be a problem with your GHC. I have no problems cabal
install'ing packages using

$ cabal --version
cabal-install version 0.10.0
using version 1.10.1.0 of the Cabal library

$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 7.0.2

Does compiling a simple module using the Cabal library work?
(for example

module Main (main) where

import Distribution.Simple.Setup

main :: IO ()
main = print defaultGlobalFlags

)

If your Cabal package is really unusable, that should break too (but then,
why doesn't ghc-pkg check report it as broken?). Re-installing Cabal would
be an option then.
If it works, on the other hand, the problem may be with your cabal and re-
installing that may be worth a try.