[Haskell-cafe] have anyone tried GHC 7.0.2

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 8 21:59:42 CET 2011

On Wednesday 09 March 2011 11:42:48, Qi Qi wrote:
> ghc-pkg check returns this:
>
> There are problems in package network-2.2.1.10:
>   dependency "parsec-3.1.1-583092e3fd1a17b79365b197467a185d" doesn't
> exist

Seems parsec-3.1.1 was rebuilt after network-2.2.1.10 was installed.
Any idea what package caused that?

> The following packages are broken, either because they have a problem
> listed above, or because they depend on a broken package.
> network-2.2.1.10
>

> I installed parsec and network  via cabal. Do you know how can I remove
> network-2.2.1.10 that is not needed because a higher version exists.

Try

$ ghc-pkg unregister network-2.2.1.10

If ghc-pkg says that would break other packages (it shouldn't, if it would,
those should have been reported too), you could unregister them first (or
use --force) (and reinstall them afterwards).

> Should I delete anything under ~/.ghc and ~/.cabal, and reinstall ghc
> and cabal-install, and those pacakges installed before using cabal?

Not as a first measure, while breakage is small, ghc-pkg unregister tends
to be less work. Only if you have lots of breakage would I recommend
deleting the local package db.

> Thanks for your link of the Haskell-platform. I will wait for the
> official release and hope it will be soon.

Should be only a couple of days, iirc.