[Haskell-cafe] Iteratee IO examples

David Place d at vidplace.com
Fri Jun 24 15:11:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been trying to learn Iteratee IO.  I've made some progress by studying John Millikin's examples in the source of the enumerator package.

I was surprised how confusing I found the tutorials that are available.  I think that it is primarily because of the lack of concrete examples.  It would be great if we could accumulate a collection of small concrete programs like John's wc.hs which show various uses of Data.Enumerator.

Here's a little program I wrote to find the longest run of same characters in a file.

> http://hpaste.org/48255

Does anyone else have little examples like this that use Iteratee IO?

Cheers,
David

David Place
Owner, Panpipes Ho! LLC