[Haskell-cafe] Problem with GLUT - no visuals found

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:58:46 CEST 2011

Oops, forgot to copy the list... here's what I sent to Jason:

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 11:50 -0700, Jason Dagit wrote:
> What is your deadline for making sure you have a working library?

I don't know... August?  In any case, I do now have a working library,
so long as I remember not to use GHCi for it!

While GLFW would certainly be far preferable to GLUT in the long run,
the fact is that Gloss is already implemented using GLUT, and I can make
GLUT work.  So I'll plan on using that unless someone else volunteers to
port Gloss to GLFW.

(To be honest, I did consider it when I first ran into this problem a
week ago; but after a few hours of hacking at it, it became clear that
it's too large a job, and I'm far too unfamiliar with GLUT, GLFW, or
OpenGL, for that to be feasible as yet another side project for me.)

--
Chris Smith