[Haskell-cafe] Problem with GLUT - no visuals found

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:50:54 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Chris Smith <cdsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Answering my own question, apparently GLUT only doesn't work from within
> GHCi.

Most GUI bindings in Haskell do not work correctly from GHCI.

I've been trying (with lots of help from others) to get the GLFW-b
bindings to be solid on all platforms, even from GHCI.  Currently,
they build on all platforms and work from GHCI on Linux and Windows.
OSX support is almost there, thanks to help from Raeez Lorgat on
StackOverflow.

On OSX, it now works in GHCI but the Setup.hs needs to be changed a
bit before you can depend on it.  I doubt I'll get to it this week but
it's very close.

What is your deadline for making sure you have a working library?

Thanks,
Jason