[Haskell-cafe] Best platform for development with GHC?

Dmitri O.Kondratiev dokondr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:16:58 CEST 2011

*Ketil Malde* ketil at malde.org
> I use Ubuntu. Most stuff is fairly up-to-date, but even with six-month
releases, it's lagging the cutting edge, and GHC is still 6.12. Thus, I tend
to install development stuff via Cabal these days, which at least partly
evens out the playing ground between different distributions.

I hope latest GHC (itself + standard libraries) can always be compiled from
source on Ubuntu these days?

> Let me know if you would like opinions on Emacs vs vi!

I know vi, but it is just that I got used to Emacs which is my main IDE for
most PL that I work with and for many years already )