[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: remove "Stability" from haddock documentation on hackage

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Tue Jun 7 19:04:08 CEST 2011

I like the goal of the stability field, but I don't know how to use it.

Is it intended to track a package's overall maturity ? Eg:
experimental - alpha - beta - almost ready - stable - mature - obsolete

Or, since many packages have multiple major and minor releases, to track the current release status ? Eg:
experimental -> alpha -> beta -> stable -> alpha -> beta -> ...

Currently, I expect every package author follows their own wording and usage, or ignores it, so it's hard to rely on. So
good idea to discuss it.