[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: remove "Stability" from haddock documentation on hackage

James Cook mokus at deepbondi.net
Tue Jun 7 15:30:55 CEST 2011

On Jun 7, 2011, at 9:22 AM, Tillmann Rendel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> James Cook wrote:
>> As far as Control.Applicative, I'm not sure to what package you're
>> referring. That label doesn't apply to modules, it applies to
>> packages,
>> and Control.Applicative is a part of the "base" package (which is not
>> labeled experimental).
>
> On http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/base/latest/doc/html/Control-Applicative.html
> , in the upper right corner, the module is marked as "experimental".
> I think this is a Haddock feature, not a Hackage feature.

Ah, I did not realize it did that.  Looking at the source I see that
it is indeed in a haddock comment.  In that case, I'll go back and
respond to the original question.  I do not know why it's labeled
experimental, but would hazard a wild guess that it's because the
relation of Applicative to Monad is still an open question.

-- James