[Haskell-cafe] XCode Dependency for HP on Mac

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:03:23 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 07:20 -0400, Jack Henahan wrote:
> Bundling things with the HP is just going to bloat that download
> and confuse new users more (and my god, the dep-chasing...  the
> number of libs that might have to be piled in on top of it could
> be absurd).

I don't understand this.  Are you saying it would be too hard for the
Haskell Platform maintainers to build the install kits?  It seems like
bundling gcc would be just the thing to solve all the problems with the
XCode dependency (which I'm now told include not just the install-time
dependencies, but also the Haskell Platform regularly breaking with
every new operating system release).

--
Chris Smith