[Haskell-cafe] GPL License of H-Matrix and prelude numeric

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 08:23:01 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 08:11 +0100, Ketil Malde wrote:
> I'm not an IP lawyer either (thank God), but merely using a published
> interface does not make it a derivative work.  So IMO there's no problem
> with a GPL library making use of a BSD library, nor vice versa - just
> like I can write a BSD program and run it on (GPL'ed) Linux and libc.

As mentioned elsewhere, this is true for the individual bits of source
code, but not for the combined eventual program.  That will be subject
to the terms of the GPL, if there is any GPLed bits included (and that
includes a GPLed library informing a linker about symbol resolution and
relocation stuff).

--
Chris Smith