[Haskell-cafe] Building lambdabot

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 17:20:03 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Max Bolingbroke
<batterseapower at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I tried to see if I could reproduce your problem but didn't get
> to this stage. It looks like v4.2.2.1 from Hackage hasn't been updated
> for donkeys years and breaks massively because of at least the new
> exceptions library, mtl 2.0 and the syb package being split off from
> base.

I haven't commented before because most of the issues seemed to be Mac
specific, which I know nothing about, but avoid the Hackage packages
for lambdabot. You should be working out of darcs for lambdabot and
its split-out packages like show or unlambda:
http://code.haskell.org/lambdabot/

Darcs lambdabot ought to work reasonably well with GHC 6.12.1, which
is what I have.

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net