[Haskell-cafe] Building lambdabot

Joe Bruce bruce.joe.r at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 07:20:11 CET 2011

Thanks Max.  That makes a lot of sense.  That change got me to the point of
linking lambdabot.

I then encountered this error:

Linking dist/build/lambdabot/lambdabot ...
Undefined symbols:
  "_iconv_open", referenced from:
      _hs_iconv_open in libHSbase-4.2.0.2.a(iconv.o)
     (maybe you meant: _hs_iconv_open)
  "_iconv", referenced from:
      _hs_iconv in libHSbase-4.2.0.2.a(iconv.o)
     (maybe you meant: _hs_iconv_open, _hs_iconv , _hs_iconv_close )
  "_iconv_close", referenced from:
      _hs_iconv_close in libHSbase-4.2.0.2.a(iconv.o)
     (maybe you meant: _hs_iconv_close)

Let's see if I'm catching on.  From
here<http://osdir.com/ml/haskell-cafe@haskell.org/2010-09/msg00489.html>and
here <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2726248/ghc-6-12-and-macports>, I
learned I have iconv from my Mac and iconv from MacPorts, but the solutions
didn't work, and didn't really make sense to me.  readline is compiled with
iconv from MacPorts, and base is compiled with iconv from my Mac, and
they're slightly different.  How do I fix this?  Can I tell readline to use
my Mac's iconv even though I installed it with MacPorts?