[Haskell-cafe] ANN: FunGEn-0.3 simple 2D game engine released

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Feb 13 21:33:35 CET 2011

All - inspired by #haskell-game, I'm pleased to announce that FunGEn
has been revived as a community project. This makes Andre Furtado's
2002 work available to the new generation of haskell game developers. :)

FunGEn (Functional Game Engine) is a platform-independent, BSD-
licensed, easy-to-install 2D game engine currently based on OpenGL and
GLUT. As of 2011 it is the only general-purpose game engine, and the
easiest way to throw together simple 2D games, in Haskell. On the
downside, I'm told GLUT can't handle simultaneous keypresses, but the
included examples are quite playable.

If Andre reads this and would like to get involved, or send
corrections to my doc updates, that would be great. In any case, I
hope to see your forks and patches making this better. This is also a
chance to test darcsden.com's ability to serve as a lighter github.

Release: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/FunGEn
Code and docs: http://darcsden.com/simon/fungen
Original home, more docs:  http://www.cin.ufpe.br/~haskell/fungen

Best,