[Haskell-cafe] Composing Enumeratees in enumerator

Michael Craig mkscrg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 22:47:49 CET 2011

I've been looking for a way to compose enumeratees in the enumerator
package, but I've come up with nothing so far. I want this function

(=$=) :: Monad m => Enumeratee a0 a1 m b -> Enumeratee a1 a2 m b ->
Enumeratee a0 a2 m b

I'm building a modular library on top of enumerator that facilitates
reading time series data from a DB, applying any number of transformations
to it, and then writing it back / doing something else with it. I'd like to
be able to write simple transformations (enumeratees) and compose them
without binding them to either a db reader (enumerator) or db writer
(iteratee).

I've been looking at the iterIO package as a possible alternative, because
it seems to allow easy composition of Inums (enumeratees). I'm a little
skittish of it because it seems unpopular next to enumerator.

Thoughts on these issues?

Cheers,
Mike S Craig