[Haskell-cafe] "could not create compact unwind"

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 17:04:25 CET 2011

The ld warning is benign. You can safely ignore it. It is a known
issue with GHC and the latest Mac OS X tool chain, and we are stuck
with it for awhile:  http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/5019
The best way to remove versions of Haskell on a Mac is now my shiny
new Mac uninstaller! I just put out a "release candidate" yesterday.
You can find it here:
Source: UninstallHS.hs  (just runhaskell this)Executable:
uninstall-hs.tgz  (unpack and run if your ghc is broken)
Running without will just list what's there and suggest what to do
next. It is "dry-run" by default.
 - Mark
PS.: "rm -rf ~/.ghc" only removes the package databases, not the
packages themselves. It also removes your ghci configuration, so I
don't recommend it.