[Haskell-cafe] Simon PJ in Australia

Tony Morris tonymorris at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:01:15 CEST 2011

On 08/19/2011 05:56 PM, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> This is a message for *Australian FPers* -- sorry to spam the rest of you.
>

> I'm crossing the planet to Australia for YOW (Melbourne Dec 1-2,
> Brisbane Dec 5-6).  http://www.yowconference.com.au/YOW2011/
>

> I'm committed for the conference dates of course, but I could spend a
> few days before or afterwards, hanging out with some of you guys.
> Hack on GHC, give a talk, eat pizza, university departments, Haskell
> users groups, surfing (on water, that is)....
>

> Do drop me (not the list) a line if any of that sounds fun.
>

> Simon
>

> PS: John Hughes is coming to Yow too, so you could try luring him into
> your lair too.

...and I will be running a Haskell/FP workshop. I'm as keen as Simon to
meet others from further afield with similar interests.
http://www.yowconference.com.au/YOW2011/general/workshopDetails.html?eventId=3552

PS: we have a significant FP community here in Brisbane with nearly 250
members http://bfpg.org/

--
Tony Morris
http://tmorris.net/