[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Chell: A quiet test runner (low-output alternative to test-framework)

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 22:09:30 CEST 2011

On 11 August 2011 15:49, John Millikin <jmillikin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried, actually, but couldn't figure out how to separate running the
> test from printing its output. All the attempted patches turned into
> huge refactoring marathons.

Just FYI test-framework already has exactly this split between running
tests and printing their results. If you had wanted to change this you
could have modified showImprovingTestResult in

However, as someone else has already pointed out, the --hide-successes
flag does what you want, and you can even make it the default for your
particular testsuite by making your "main" be (do { args <- getArgs;
defaultMainWithArgs tests (["--hide-successes"] ++ args) })