[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Chell: A quiet test runner (low-output alternative to test-framework)

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 22:09:30 CEST 2011

On 11 August 2011 15:49, John Millikin <jmillikin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried, actually, but couldn't figure out how to separate running the
> test from printing its output. All the attempted patches turned into
> huge refactoring marathons.

Just FYI test-framework already has exactly this split between running
tests and printing their results. If you had wanted to change this you
could have modified showImprovingTestResult in
https://github.com/batterseapower/test-framework/blob/master/core/Test/Framework/Runners/Console/Run.hs.

However, as someone else has already pointed out, the --hide-successes
flag does what you want, and you can even make it the default for your
particular testsuite by making your "main" be (do { args <- getArgs;
defaultMainWithArgs tests (["--hide-successes"] ++ args) })

Cheers,
Max