[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Chell: A quiet test runner (low-output alternative to test-framework)

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:49:49 CEST 2011

I tried, actually, but couldn't figure out how to separate running the
test from printing its output. All the attempted patches turned into
huge refactoring marathons.

When given the choice between sending a huge "replace all your code
with my code" patch, and just releasing a separate package, I prefer
to do the second. There's usually a reason a library behaves as it
does, and this way both behaviors are available to users (even if I
find one frustrating).