[Haskell-cafe] A small Darcs anomoly

Sergei Trofimovich slyich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 21:14:41 CEST 2011

> > 2. I have no idea how to make Darcs do the thing with "hard links" (is that
> > even supported under Windows?) I just copy the whole folder using the normal
> > OS file tools.
>
> darcs get path/to/other/local/repo
>
> > Either way, you lose the ability to see how branches are related to each
> > other, which might be useful in some cases.
>
> How do you "see" how git branches are related to each other?

git show-branch [branches]

It was one of nicest things in git for me when I stared to use it.

xmms2-devel $ git show-branch
! [error-on-implicit] OTHER: wscript: make implicit function declarations an error in C code
 * [master] FEATURE(2184): Update pre-generated cython files.
  ! [missing-protos] OTHER: one more me in AUTHORS
---
+   [error-on-implicit] OTHER: wscript: make implicit function declarations an error in C code
  + [missing-protos] OTHER: one more me in AUTHORS
  + [missing-protos^] OTHER: explicitely declare g_sprintf()
  + [missing-protos~2] OTHER: explicitely declare semtimedop()
+*+ [master] FEATURE(2184): Update pre-generated cython files.

The simpler things are:
git [log|diff] from..to
git [log|diff] from...to

Set of [commits|changes] to be added to another branch.

--

  Sergei