[Haskell-cafe] HipmunkPlayground compile error

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 10:49:10 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 1:38 AM, Andrew Pennebaker <
andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> $ system_profiler SPSoftwareDataType | grep "System Version"
>       System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J869)
> $ ghc --version
> The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 7.0.2
> $ cabal --version
> cabal-install version 0.10.2
> using version 1.10.1.0 of the Cabal library
> $ cabal install hipmunkplayground
> Updating documentation index /Users/andrew/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html
> GLFW-0.4.2 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1
> HipmunkPlayground-5.2.0.3 depends on GLFW-0.4.2 which failed to install.

GLFW is the package that failed to install.  The reason for that should be
in the scroll back somewhere but it can often be hard to find when it's
buried in a huge list of compilation messages.  If you try with just GLFW,
eg., cabal install GLFW, then it should be easier to spot the error.

Since you're on a mac, I would highly recommend getting the latest haskell
platform.  You're on 7.0.2 which has bug fixes that are relevant to build
failures on OSX, as I understand it.

Jason