[Haskell-cafe] http://trac.haskell.org/ not redering correctly

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 24 10:44:23 CEST 2011

On 21/04/2011 02:36 AM, Conrad Parker wrote:

>>> The purpose of filing bug reports is to ensure that problems are not
>>> forgotten. It allows the community (people like you) to have a useful
>>> understanding of the problems that exist when choosing what tasks to
>>> put time and effort into fixing.
>>
>> *sigh* I guess that means the next step is to figure out if it's broken for
>> the Linux builds as well, or just for Windows. (Can't test for Mac OS since
>> I don't have access to the necessary hardware or software...)
>
> The first step would be to make a patch that works for you, and to
> attach it to the ticket.

Wouldn't that require me to somehow get hold of whatever repo contains
the script for generating the Windows installer?

> Then again if it's simply a matter of generating additional HTML text
> (as opposed to styling/rendering issues) then it should be
> straightforward to verify that the new content is added in the
> generated files without worrying about other platforms.

I imagine the issue is something utterly trivial list a line of text
missing from a file - which is why I'm so surprised that the problem has
been reported multiple times and yet not fixed...