[Haskell-cafe] http://trac.haskell.org/ not redering correctly

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Apr 21 03:36:14 CEST 2011

On 21 April 2011 05:34, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
>>> I notice that there's duplicate reports of the HTML documentation in the
>>> Haskell Platform having chunks missing
>>
>> Which ticket numbers are these? Trac allows one of them to be closed
>> as a duplicate. Perhaps you can do that, or at least provide those
>> details in email here.
>
> When I get a minute I'll log in, mark the duplicates, and add a note to the
> ticket confirming that the issue still exists.

great!

>>> I thought the purpose of filing a bug report was to get things fixed?
>>
>> The purpose of filing bug reports is to ensure that problems are not
>> forgotten. It allows the community (people like you) to have a useful
>> understanding of the problems that exist when choosing what tasks to
>> put time and effort into fixing.
>
> *sigh* I guess that means the next step is to figure out if it's broken for
> the Linux builds as well, or just for Windows. (Can't test for Mac OS since
> I don't have access to the necessary hardware or software...)

The first step would be to make a patch that works for you, and to
attach it to the ticket. Other people could verify that it works on
other platforms -- perhaps after attaching the patch you could mail
this list and ask people to check it :)

Then again if it's simply a matter of generating additional HTML text
(as opposed to styling/rendering issues) then it should be
straightforward to verify that the new content is added in the
generated files without worrying about other platforms.

Conrad.