[Haskell-cafe] Type Classes in Haskell - how can I make GHC make a choice of types, when the type chosen doesn't matter?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:22:24 CEST 2011

On 14 April 2011 20:35, Chris Dew <cmsdew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you suggest how these constraints could be expressed in the
> Haskell type system?

Hi Chris

I'm afriad I'd have to decline - generally in Haskell implicit
"lifters" are problematic, so it isn't something I'd be looking to
solve.

There was a thread on Haskell Cafe about them last November called
"Making monadic code more concise", that you might find interesting -
especially Oleg Kiselyov's comments:

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2010-November/086445.html

Best wishes

Stephen