[Haskell-cafe] llvm package on Windows

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Apr 4 10:06:56 CEST 2011

Jacques Carette schrieb:
> I am trying to install llvm-0.9.0.1 on Windows (through cygwin), on top
> of a clean install of Haskell Platform 2010.2.0.0.
>
> I do
> cabal install llvm --configure-option --with-llvm-prefix="C:\\llvm"
> (which is where I unpacked llvm-gcc4.2-2.8-x86-mingw43.tar.bz2).  This
> fails with
>
> .....mingw\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lLLVMXCoreAsmPrinter
> (which is indeed the first -l option on the gcc line).

Does the LLVMXCoreAsmPrinter library exist on your machine? If not, then
certainly building LLVM went wrong. If it exists then my next question
would be, whether this is a particular problem with LLVMXCoreAsmPrinter
or whether this is just the first library GHC tried to bind to.

I could suggest to try to build the current state of the package from
   http://code.haskell.org/llvm/
 but I suspect that the building problem would be the same.

> [I also tried the llvm-ht package, same issue; I can't tell which of the
> 2 packages is 'best' from the online doc]

llvm-ht was a little modification by me. In the meantime I could
incorporate my changes to the main llvm package. I may flag llvm-ht as
deprecated.

Btw. there is also the haskell-llvm mailing list.