[Haskell-cafe] A maintenance command of Haskell cabal packages

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Fri Apr 1 04:19:05 CEST 2011

Hello,

> Have you read this?
> http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/related/f3ykj/
> psa_use_cabaldev_to_solve_dependency_problems/

I did know this page. I will read it later. Thank you.

> cabal-dev is a wrapper around cabal. It creates the directory
> "cabal-dev" in your current directory when you run commands.

Yes, I know. But when I typed "cabal-devel install" on a package
directory, nothing happened.

> If you understand how to use 'cabal' then 'cabal-dev' should be
> pretty easy to figure out. Do you have any specific questions?

I read its source but I could not found the code where cabal-dev
passes GHC_PACKAGE_PATH to ghc. I don't know how cabal-dev can
implement the sandbox featrue.

--Kazu