[Haskell-cafe] Glade problem solved Was: Compile Glade apps (MS Windows system) Was: Re: Trying to compile Glade Gtk2Hs demo / cabal install glade problem

Daniel Kahlenberg d.kahlenberg at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 11 16:09:05 EDT 2010

Hi list again,

I'm happy to tell you the solution at least to my install problem:

??? is synonym for D:/Programme/Gtk+ on my example setup.

Download glade3-3.6.7-with-GTK+.exe

Download libxml2_2.7.7-1_win32.zip and libxml2-dev_2.7.7-1_win32.zip

Install and you get libxml-2.0.pc (in ???/lib/pkgconfig).

My PKG_CONFIG_PATH variables first entry is
D:/Programme/Gtk+/lib/pkgconfig (note forward slash char.), to prefer
new copied libxml2 files over others I had.

Using bash...
$ echo $PATH

Nothing more needed for sucessful cabal install, assuming gtk2hs
installation succeeded as happened. Pitfall was: Most likely a wrong
libxml version taken from those other pkgconfig places I had.

Cool, now I can install threadscope and do learn effects of different
parallelisation strategies as pointed out in those nice papers.