[Haskell-cafe] libffi mystery

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Fri Oct 29 05:27:53 EDT 2010

Conor McBride <conor at strictlypositive.org> writes:

> ...seemed like a good plan. I got lots of scary warnings like

> (.text+0x51d8): warning: Using 'setprotoent' in statically linked
> applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc
> version used for linking

I guess the message is pretty self-explanatory, but current policy for
libc these days is that static linking is deprecated, and that a
statically linked libc just manually opens other libraries dynamically -
at hard coded paths, too.

One possible solution is to use an alternative libc, which ISTR asking
for, but not getting any suggestions.

> but an executable emerges. If I run the executable from the prompt,
> it dumps some html, but it still 500s on the web server.

As in 500 -Internal error?

Did you check the logs?  Usually there would be some output there.

-k