[Haskell-cafe] who's in charge?

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Fri Oct 29 04:17:08 EDT 2010

> 2) If there is a problem, here's what you could do about it,
> in descending order of attractiveness:

y) specify the requirements (a sample application
    of what needs to be supported would be a start)

z) review the existing options wrt to those requirements
    (which ones are you aware about, why don't they work
    for you?) (*)

> a) Fix it yourself
>
> b) Pay someone else to fix it
>
> c) Motivate or politely encourage others to fix it, providing moral
> support, etc.

d) provide framework organisation (repo, discussion venu,
    code outline, issue and task tracking, ..) so that others can
    contribute small  patches instead of having to take on full
    responsibilities?

(*)
IMO, the lack of good quality reviews of hackage contributions
(especially over whole usage areas, such as web development,
GUIs, databases, ..) has been a major and growing obstacle to
hackage use, not to mention targetting of efforts.

Some form of wiki-based "hackage reviews" column (with
editor-in-charge, invited reviews, and mild reviewing of
reviews for obvious problems, but otherwise free-form and
-schedule) would probably work, if integrated into hackage
itself. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to edit such a thing,
but perhaps others here feel motivated to do so?

Claus