[Haskell-cafe] who's in charge?

aditya siram aditya.siram at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 00:53:28 EDT 2010

I understand your frustration at not having free tested libs ready-to-go,
Java/any-other-mainstream-language programmers tend to expect this and
usually get it.

If a lack of libs is a dealbreaker for you and you want to use a functional
programming language with some of Haskell's advantages (like immutability,
lazy data structures and STM) I encourage you to check out Clojure [1] a
nicely designed Lisp. It is tightly integrated in to the JVM and you have
access to all the Java libs you want.

-deech

[1] http://clojure.org/