[Haskell-cafe] who's in charge?

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Wed Oct 27 12:44:25 EDT 2010

Günther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de> writes:

> Map), there still isn't even a mail client library, I wonder whom to
> escalate this to, and who is going to do something about it.

Generally, you get to escalate your causes to people if you somehow
hold some power over them, for instance by being their employer or
voting for them.  (It is theoretically possible to simply convince
people by rational argument, but generally people are never as rational
as they think, so it's a lot more effective to just to fork over some
money to have your way.)

> So while there are many aspects of the future of haskell, who
> effectively is it that steers the boat?

Haskell is a boat with many rowers, but no helmsman.

-k