[Haskell-cafe] Re: Edit Hackage

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Thu Oct 28 23:10:11 EDT 2010

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 October 2010 07:53, Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at web.de> wrote:

> >> Err, Why?
> >>
> >> Having to track three places for information rather than one
> >> doesn't seem like a good swap to me...
> >
> > + 1
>
> +1; I see no need to sign up for a reddit account to ask a question
> there, etc.

Another +1.  I always find it painful to sign up for yet another account
on yet another web service.  No, I have no OpenID account, nor am I
planning to create one.  Also I strictly refuse to go to Reddit or
StackOverflow.  I agree that having to track three independent sites is
stupid and not in any way productive.

Mailing lists and newsgroups share one very desirable property:  They
are independent of the design choices of a single entity, whereas in
Reddit and StackOverflow the webmasters choose what's supposed to be
good for you.

To say that by not going to Reddit/StackOverflow you miss a lot of
information is almost like propaganda, a cheap way to enforce one's
preferences.  A professional community member should never say such a
thing.  Personal opinion.

Greets,
Ertugrul

http://ertes.de/