[Haskell-cafe] New repo location for the network package

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 10:58:27 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> If I, as the developer of the FOO Haskell package, want to move to use
> github, can I get a source repo under that organisation as well?
> I'm asking since I am considering taking some of my packages from
> patch-tag to github (it's really github I want, it's unfortunate that
> it also means I'll have to leave darcs), it would then be nice to have
> those repos as a part of the haskell organisation.

The GitHub organization was intended for core packages (i.e. packages
in the Haskell Platform.) By having a shared organization, these
libraries don't have to live under any single developer's account and
we can change maintainers without changing the repo location.

For any other package, just upload it under your own GitHub user.

Johan