[Haskell-cafe] Re: Should Yesod.Mail be a separate package?

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 03:32:00 EDT 2010

Hi Michael,

Last time I checked Hackage for email libraries I could find some
basic SMTP systems but nothing very recent or robust.

Practically every web app needs to send email, so I think that a
robust and well maintained email package would be very useful.

I know you have many other projects going at the minute, but if you
had a chance to create a stand alone email package, I'd be interested
in trying it out.

I've been working on a web app engine that combines Heist from Snap
and several of the WAI packages with an object store system I've
developed myself (and will release on Hackage at some point). Email
was a missing piece and it sounds like your package could fill the gap
nicely.

Kevin