[Haskell-cafe] Re: Make your Darcs repositories hashed?

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Tue Oct 12 18:31:53 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>wrote:

> One minor but important note: the hashed format is *not* readable with a
> darcs-1 program:

Sorry about that.  The support for hashed repos existed long before 2.0 was
released and so I misremembered the hashed support as appearing in a 1.x
release.

It looks like you need at least 2.0 to read darcs 1 hashed repos.

Upgrading to a modern darcs client is advised and is only a 'cabal install
darcs' away.  I was under the impression that even debian stable has moved
on to 2.x releases.  How is it that you have a 1.0.9 release candidate
client still?

Jason