Who is afraid of arrows, was Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Haskell XML Toolbox Version 9.0.0

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Oct 11 15:29:54 EDT 2010

Gregory Crosswhite schrieb:

> In conclusion, while I greatly appreciate you taking the time to explain
> your reasoning, it still looks to me like there is nothing you have
> gained by using arrows except adding extra unnecessary complexity in
> your library.

As a pragmatic question: Would it be possible to split hxt even further
into hxt (core) and hxt-arrow, and resurrect hxt-filter? This way people
could choose the way they like to process XML. Or is it too tedious to
maintain both hxt-arrow and hxt-filter? Is it possible to implement one
interface in terms of the other one? It seems that the filter interface
is the more general one, such that the arrow interface may be
implemented in terms of filters.