[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers.com recent changes (and I need some volunteers)

David Virebayre dav.vire+haskell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 11:48:32 EDT 2010

2010/10/10 Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>:

Hi,

> Haskellers became popular a lot faster than I'd anticipated. This has

I've noticed a new 'flag this user' on my profile, but it's not clear
(at least to me) what this does. Out of curiosity, I clicked on it,
got a uninformative (again, to me) message "A flag message has been
sent to the admins. Thanks!"

> easier to add the status. Also, don't take it personally if an admin
> denies your "real haskeller" request; it's currently a very poorly
> defined notion, and I don't even know who the admins are going to be.

I don't like this notion, or at least how it's called. What is
supposed to be a real haskeller ? For example, I do use haskell for
small things, try to advocate it around me as much as I can, but at
the same time I never contributed to a project, or released a package.
I don't think I'm worthy of a special status, so I wouldn't ask for
"real haskeller" status. At the same time, I don't feel like a fake
Haskeller either.

David.