[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers.com profiles: advice requested

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Oct 7 03:36:33 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After finally getting OpenID 2 support worked out, I've now put up the
> Haskellers.com website[1]. Not all features are implemented yet, but
> the basics are in. One of the most important features is going to be
> the user profiles, and I wanted some community input on the kind of
> stuff they'd like to see.
>
> For now, I collect email address (spam-protected, don't worry),
> website, number of years of Haskell experience, and a free-form
> description. I've also added a skills section, but have purposely not
> added many. I wanted community input on the kinds of skills. Some
> ideas:

Is it possible to change the "years of experience" to allow us to
enter when we started learning Haskell and let the website calculate
years of experience?  It's unlikely that people will remember to
update the years of experience I think.  Of course, that doesn't work
so well for people who have gaps in their experience.  So allowing
date ranges would probably be even better.

Jason