[Haskell-cafe] Can't install Leksah

Paul Johnson paul at cogito.org.uk
Sat Nov 27 12:59:34 CET 2010

On 27/11/10 11:25, Christopher Done wrote:
> Interesting. Perhaps Cabal isn't looking at the same GHC version. If
> you run cabal install with --version passed to GHC, GHC will just
> output the version instead of doing any compiling and the install will
> stop. You can see what version Cabal actually uses. Maybe it's different?

Cabal is using ghc-6.12.3.  However with Leksah it doesn't seem to be
getting that far: it seems to be looking for a package called "ghc"
during dependency analysis.  However when I run "ghc-pkg list" there is
no such package.  Obviously this is meant to be a package that flags the
compiler version for Cabal.  Is it a bug that I don't have one?

Paul