[Haskell-cafe] Can't install Leksah

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 27 12:25:39 CET 2010

On 27 November 2010 10:41, Paul Johnson <paul at cogito.org.uk> wrote:

> I installed gtk2hs-buildtools as per the Leksah page, and then tried to
> install Leksah itself.  I got:
>
> [root at eiffel download]# cabal install leksah
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: cannot configure leksah-server-0.8.0.8. It requires ghc>=6.10.1&&
> <6.13
> There is no available version of ghc that satisfies>=6.10.1&&  <6.13
>
> But there is...
>
> [root at eiffel download]# ghc --version
> The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.12.3
>
> I don't know whether this is a problem with the GHC installation or the
> Leksah build.  I'm running Fedora 14 with GHC installed through the package
> manager.

Interesting. Perhaps Cabal isn't looking at the same GHC version. If you run
cabal install with --version passed to GHC, GHC will just output the version
instead of doing any compiling and the install will stop. You can see what
version Cabal actually uses. Maybe it's different?

chris at cn-done:~$ cabal install codepad --ghc-options=--version
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring mtl-1.1.1.0...
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.12.3