[Haskell-cafe] What do you call Applicative Functor Morphism?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Sat Nov 6 01:04:24 EDT 2010

I like "C morphism" in general, where "C" is the class name, so I use
"Applicative morphism" or "applicative functor morphism" (as in

  - Conal

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:49 PM, <roconnor at theorem.ca> wrote:

> An applicative functor morphism is a polymorphic function,
> eta : forall a. A1 a -> A2 a between two applicative functors A1 and A2
> that preserve pure and <*>:
> eta (pure c) = pure c
> eta (f <*> x) = eta f <*> eta x
> What do you guys call such a thing?  My leading candidate is "idomatic
> transformation".
> --
> Russell O'Connor                                      <http://r6.ca/>
> ``All talk about `theft,''' the general counsel of the American Graphophone
> Company wrote, ``is the merest claptrap, for there exists no property in
> ideas musical, literary or artistic, except as defined by statute.''
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe at haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/attachments/20101105/447d86e7/attachment.html

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list