[Haskell-cafe] What do you call Applicative Functor Morphism?

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Fri Nov 5 23:49:27 EDT 2010

An applicative functor morphism is a polymorphic function,
eta : forall a. A1 a -> A2 a between two applicative functors A1 and A2 
that preserve pure and <*>:

eta (pure c) = pure c
eta (f <*> x) = eta f <*> eta x

What do you guys call such a thing?  My leading candidate is "idomatic 

Russell O'Connor                                      <http://r6.ca/>
``All talk about `theft,''' the general counsel of the American Graphophone
Company wrote, ``is the merest claptrap, for there exists no property in
ideas musical, literary or artistic, except as defined by statute.''

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list