[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell and scripting

Limestraël limestrael at gmail.com
Sun May 23 09:40:59 EDT 2010

As some people were advising me to peek in Lua, I did so. Well, I find it
far too laxist and bug prone : weak-typing, variables which are global by
default, non-existing variables which contain nil when we access them
instead of failing...
I mean, I like Haskell especially because it is rigorous and because the
type-system continually saves the day: Lua is the total opposite. I don't
hope to enjoy Haskell's tightness with a scripting language, but being
interpreted and dynamically typed doesn't prevent to be somewhat painstaking
(Python is, for instance)**.