[Haskell-cafe] GHC Install button grayed out

David Matuszek matuszek at cis.upenn.edu
Mon May 17 18:24:43 EDT 2010

I'm trying to install Haskell Platform 2010.1.0.1 on my Mac,
downloaded from http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

I have:
  Mac OS X 10.6.3
  2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
  XCode 3.1.3
Also, I am an admin on this machine.

When I try to install GHC-6.12.1-i386.pkg, I agree to the license,
the installer skips over Destination Select, and brings me to the
Standard Install page, with the Install button grayed out. It
remains grayed out for several minutes (and presumably forever).

I subsequently tried the 2009 platform, with the same results.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks,
 Dave Matuszek

PS. I really dislike MacPorts, so please don't suggest that.