[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: hmumps, a MUMPS interpreter in Haskell

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sat May 15 15:26:51 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

As an educational project a few years back I started working on an
interpreter for the MUMPS language in Haskell. It's got a REPL and can
call into functions defined in external files. It doesn't support a
lot of the built-in-functions, nor does it have support for on-disk
persistent variabls (globals, in MUMPS speak).

But it's on Hackage, in case anyone else is pervers enough to be
interested in such a thing.

I started it a few years back, so I wouldn't say it has an ideal
structure. But it was surprisingly easy to come back to it and extend
the parser/runtime in the past few weeks.

hackage link: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hmumps
MUMPS wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUMPS

Feedback is appreciated.

Antoine