[Haskell-cafe] haskell on suse?

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Thu May 6 15:00:49 EDT 2010

On Thursday 06 May 2010 20:33:38, gladstein at gladstein.com wrote:
> I've been spoiled by package managers that download and install
> everything for you, and I've forgotten how RPM works.
>
> In particular, I want to install Haskell on suse, and I read that "RPMs
> are available from openSUSE. "
>
> I followed the link, and found a bunch of folders of folders of RPM
> files.
>
> What exactly should I do to install Haskell?

One possibility is to use zypper (man zypper should get you started).
Another option (what I prefer) is to go to
http://software.opensuse.org/search/
search for what you want and one-click install.
Thirdly, open YaST, add the repository with the Haskell packages and do it
via install or remove software.