[Haskell-cafe] Re: lhs2TeX - lhs2TeX.fmt missing

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed May 5 20:23:05 EDT 2010

On 6 May 2010 04:18, Pierre-Etienne Meunier
<pierreetienne.meunier at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, if someone on this list has got too much time, he could write
> something that would fulfill the goals of literate programming -- à la web
> and cweb.
> Knuth was able to make books with his source code. I believe that lhs2tex is
> great for classes about haskell or fp, but I never found it satisfying for
> programs with several modules, for instance.

I think the main difference between cweb and literate haskell is that
the former allows documentation _anywhere_, whereas with literate
haskell you can't suddenly cut out of a code block to have a
discussion on what the next line means (instead you need to have an
explicit comment).  Unless GHC[i] starts stripping out all non-code
from literate haskell files and joining all the code blocks together,
I'm not sure if this situation can be remedied.

> El 05/05/2010, a las 12:42, Ozgur Akgun escribió:
>
> OK, I've found them!
>
> They were under "/Users/username/.cabal/share/lhs2tex-1.15" and this path
> was not in the search path of lhs2TeX.
> I'm using Snow Leoprad. This might be a bug I guess?

Not quite; the lhs2tex documentation says you need to put those .fmt,
.sty, etc. files in a texmf directory.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com