[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: happstack 0.5.0

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Wed May 5 07:41:02 EDT 2010

On May 4, 2010, at 11:20 PM, Michael Snoyman wrote:

> Hey Jeremy,
>
> I see below that you included the experimental WAI support. I'm
> excited to try it out, but I don't see it in happstack-server (maybe
> I'm blind). Could you point it out?

Hello,

I should have been more explicit about this, sorry about that. The
experimental WAI support is only available via darcs, in the happstack-
wai sub-directory.

darcs get http://patch-tag.com/r/mae/happstack
cd happstack/happstack-wai

You can browse here:

http://www.patch-tag.com/r/mae/happstack/snapshot/current/content/pretty/happstack-wai

The core is mostly there, though it is missing some of the Guards, and
the FileServe module.

Probably less than a day to "finish" it off I guess. Would be nice to
do that now that 0.5 is out.

The happstack-wai version would not be a drop-in replacement for
happstack-server. There are some differences, such as the wai version
supporting enumerators :) But, porting from happstack-server to
happstack-wai should not require major changes.

What remains to be seen is if happstack-wai actually provides better
"performance" than happstack-server.

alas, there is no happstack-wai specific demo at the moment. But, if
there was, it would look a lot like a normal happstack-server app...

- jeremy